Saturday, September 25, 2010

1st Day

Arrived in incheon airport around 6 in the morning local time. Man, did i not get any sleep.
Blamed it on hunger, the inflight movie, and anxiety attacks every few minutes whether ill be able to get in Korea or not with my
passport.

*Flashback
You see I'm Filipino-Canadian. My Dad's Canadian and my mom's a filipino. Typical Foreigner marrying a filipina type of couple.
tsktsk mom. you got tricked. or was it the other way around. haha
Anyways, being nationalistic about my country the Philippines, i applied a student visa using my Filipino passport. Got all documents ready including the school certification(From Yonsei University KLI) and even my bank account certificate. Submitted them through a travel agency and happily waited for it to be processed.
14 days 6 hours 8 minutes later, i got a big fat denied visa from the korean embassy. For God knows whatever reason, the korean people just snub me. To think i've been to korea 5 times already using my Filipino passport. 5 FREAKING TIMES.

boooo

Flashback story cut short, i'm forced to use my Canadian Passport which entitles me to 6 months stay in Korea.

*flashback end

Where's the problem?

I'm not so sure whether the 6 months can be applied for study visit purposes. Since this is my first time using my Canadian Passport to go to Korea for study purposes. I was afraid i might get deported back to my country. lol

So i was there lining up in the immigration area, then in my line 3 people were interrogated extensively by the immigration officer.

yeah, that did not help at all.

It really did not.


I was really tempted to switch lines, but i think that would make me look more suspiscious. Fortunately though, the immigration officer in my line was cute. So i figured i would be better of being deported by a cute korean girl than some old fat guy on the other line.

Moment of truth

"Good morning"

*stare and hands shaking

"ahh Yonsei.. How long is your stay"

"Around 3 months"

"Okay"

*stamps my passport and places 6 months

*end

Seriously..anti-climatic...but hey, anxiety attack 0 confidence on my canadian passport 1 .

No comments:

Post a Comment